Saturday, June 19, 2010

Airstream Rally in Gillette, WY

We have been here since Monday and are settling in nicely. We love the community and the people are very friendly. Quite a few of our friends are already in and the rest will be in next week.

The Campbell County Recreational Center is our favorite place. It's a cross between Disneyland and a gym. I wish I could take it home with us, but it wouldn't be the same. We have too many people at home who would love it as much as we do and it would be way too crowded.

The DQ here has great Blizzards and we have consumed three of them between us so far. More in the future, I'm sure.

The shopping here is quite good for such a small town (under 20,000). The quilt shop is large and well-stocked, I found the needlework section of a lovely gift shop - way in the back. But, they have my favorite designs and threads!

The Ben Franklin store is going out of business and I probably shouldn't have told so many people, because I'm going back and hope there will be something left to buy.

The wide open spaces here are very calming. We've had one super storm with heavy wind. That was the day our truck was being repaired, so we just hunkered down in the trailer and I finished reading my very long book.

I love waking up to the sound of the Western Meadowlark - my favorite bird - and the state bird of Montana. We're not too far from Montana, so I can get my "fix".

No comments: