Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rally Highlights

We packed as much as possible into our last few days at the rally. Saturday morning was the very popular flea market. Many vendors set up their tables to sell their wares and others do it as an excuse to get early buying privileges. This time it didn't matter because they let everyone in early.

Since it's so well-attended, it's also a great opportunity to see and visit with just about everyone. I bought a pair of palm tree earrings, three books (two of which I discovered later I'd already read) and an Airstream birdhouse. Somehow that birdhouse became very appealing when I discovered it was the last one left - and only $20.00. I begged Larry for the money to buy it and he told me it would be my birthday present. What a big spender he is! I went back to the table just as Jack and Sherry White walked up to the very same birdhouse. I saw Jack's eyes focus on the birdhouse and his hand reached out to inspect it, but I was quicker. He was crushed, but Sherry bought him another Airstream - a painted rock shaped like a bullet, but made to resemble an Airstream. As an added bonus, she also bought a very cute painted cat rock.

Once we got all our treasures back to the trailer, it was time for more sightseeing and shopping. Sarasota is known for having very rich winter residents and their consignment stores are well-known. Mike and Jane were more than willing to accompany us, so downtown we went. After an hour of searching, we gave up the search and headed for the beach areas for lunch.

Rotten Ralph's is located in Anna Maria key and we all devoured the fish and chips - all we could eat. Delicious! Larry was in such a good mood that he even stopped at a great quilt shop for me on the way back.

No comments: